- United Fresh Produce Association (2013). Guidance on Environmental Monitoring and Control of Listeria for the Fresh Produce Industry.
- Schmidt, R. (2009). Basic Elements of Equipment Cleaning and Sanitizing in Food Processing and Handling Operations. University of Florida/IFAS Extension.
- Liu, N.T., et al. (2015). Effects of Environmental Parameters on the Dual-Species Biofilms Formed by Escherichia coli O157: H7 and Ralstonia insidiosa, a Strong Biofilm Producer Isolated from a Fresh-Cut Produce Processing Plant. J Food Prot, 78(1), 121–127.
- Srey, S., Jahid, I.K., & Ha, S.D. (2013). Biofilm formation in food industries: A food safety concern. Food Control, 31(2), 572–585.
- Chapman, B., & Danyluk, M. (2013). Establishing Lot Size through Sanitation Clean Breaks in Produce Packing Facilities. University of Florida/IFAS Extension.
- Schmidt, R., & Erickson, D. (2005). Sanitary Design and Construction of Food Equipment. University of Florida/IFAS Extension.
- Sugiyama, H., & Yang, K.H. (1975). Growth potential of Clostridium botulinum in fresh mushrooms packaged in semipermeable plastic film. J Appl Micro, 30(6), 964–969.
- FSMA Final Rule on Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food
- Thompson, J., Kader, A., & Sylva, K. (1996). Compatibility chart for fruits and vegetables in short-term transport or storage. Oakland: University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Publ. 21560.
- Bihn, E.A., Schermann, M.A., Wszelaki, A.L., Wall, G.L., & Amundson, S.K. (2014). Farm Food Safety Decision Trees.