Supplemental Teaching Activities
Exemptions, Exclusions, & Compliance Dates
- Geometric Means, Statistical Threshold Values,and Microbial Die-Off Rates
- Labeled Sanitizers for Produce - Excel Tool
PSA Supplemental Materials
- PSA Curriculum Learning Objectives and Critical Concepts (2016)
- Produce Safety Bingo (2017)
- PSA Curriculum FSMA Produce Safety Rule Regulatory Table (2016)
- PSA Curriculum Glossary (2016)
- PSA Factsheet (August 2016)
- PSA Farmer Focus Group Summary (2012)
Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training Manual
The PSA Grower Training Course Manual is currently available in print only and includes:
- All seven curriculum module slide sets and teaching notes;
- Codified language of the FSMA Produce Safety Rule;
- FSMA Produce Safety Rule Regulatory Reference Table;
- Glossary of terms;
- Farm Food Safety Plan writing resources;
- FDA, USDA-AMS, and USDA-NRCS Resources for Growers;
- References; and
- A PSA branded highlighter.
All registered PSA Grower Training Courses must provide each attendee with the PSA Grower Training Manual if they want to receive the PSA/AFDO Certificate of Course Completion.
The PSA Grower Training Manual is $50, plus shipping, and will be the trainer’s responsibility to purchase from the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station (NYSAES).
Purchasing quantities under 5
Small orders (we recommend less than 5) can be purchased directly on line by visiting the NYSAES Bookstore
Purchasing quantities over 5
For larger orders please complete the PSA Curriculum Order Request form. After the form is submitted a materials and shipping invoice will be generated.
Questions regarding orders can be addressed to:
phone: (315) 787-2248
Orders must be placed 3 weeks in advance to ensure order processing and delivery. The NYSAES Bookstore and the PSA will not be responsible for any extra fees associated with shipping materials for rush delivery.
The PSA Grower Training Manuals come in packets that are three-hole punched with colored tabs, binder cover, and spine. The manual DOES NOT include a three-ring binder. Trainers will be responsible for purchasing their own three ring binders for participants. This helps to keep the cost of shipping lower. A 1.5”-2” three ring binder will fit the PSA Grower Training Course Manual. Binders with a clear cover sleeve are recommended for insertion of the binder cover and spine that is included with the PSA Grower Training Manual. An example of this type of binder would be Universal # UNV20972.
Training materials will be translated into Spanish in the near future and also be available in several other languages in 2017.
The PSA recognizes the diversity of fruit and vegetable growers across the country, including the wide range of commodities grown, farm sizes, regional climates, and market venues. The PSA curriculum has been designed as a standardized course and is intended to provide a consistent foundation of produce safety and FSMA Produce Safety Rule information. The course materials have been vetted and reviewed by subject matter experts, FDA Division of Produce Safety staff, University educators, regulatory officials, produce growers, and produce industry members from all over the country, and as a result, the text and content have been scrupulously selected. For this reason, the text content of the curriculum modules cannot be changed if you plan to offer a registered PSA Grower Training Course to growers who want to receive the PSA/AFDO Certificate of Course Completion.
Three items that can be modified within the educational materials include the following:
- Photos in the Power Point slides may be changed to better represent a particular region, commodity, or audience.
- Addition of University or business logos on the introductory slide of each curriculum module. The PSA logo must remain on all curriculum slides.
- Addition of supplemental content, as long as the information is not presented on the PSA PowerPoint slide background to denote the content is not part of the standardized curriculum.